In this post I go in depth into WISE foods to inform consumers the straight 100% facts about this company. It is my intention to answer all of your burning questions about this company and their emergency food supply products. Questions such as value, taste, and longevity will be discussed and thoroughly analyzed. I hope you enjoy this review.
Who is WISE?
Wise Foods is a company specializing in long term emergency preparedness foods. Their wide selection of foods cater mostly to those prepping for an emergency where access to food is limited or non existent. There are plenty of reasons to invest into long term food storage solutions. Some of these reasons are serious, total system collapse for example. Other reasons include temporary situations where access to food is limited. Wise Foods have been around for years and have quickly risen in the survival food and storage industry.
WISE Foods preparation and quality
The hallmark nature of WISE foods is their use of freeze drying and dehydrating. Freeze dried foods can last for years and still retain their quality. In the case of WISE foods, they guarantee their foods up to 25 years in most cases. Freeze drying is a time tested method of food preservation. This process extracts the water out of the foods which are then dried. The dried foods are then air sealed into Mylar packets. These packets can be preserved for years. The food is then eaten dry or water is added to the food to rehydrate back to original state.
Advanced packaging system – WISE foods implements a ultra-high barrier film for all of its packaging. This hi-tech film is known as Mettalyte – a metalized oriented polypropylene (OPP). The film is formulated to provide complete protection for oxygen and moisture sensitive products with long shelf-life requirements. The material used and the methods used to seal the product provide a strong barrier to entry from oxygen – foods number one spoiler. This results in an extremely long shelf life for your food.
Tasty foods – Nobody wants to eat something everyday that tastes like it came out of a can of fancy feast. WISE foods has some of the best tasting foods out there and has really came a long way. Sure, they don’t taste like a gourmet, fresh, home made meal. But the thing is, nothing will once it has been freeze dried and then rehydrated. As far as taste goes, WISE foods has some super tasty dishes out there. What I would do is grab yourself something like this before you invest into an entire years supply.
Many food options
WISE foods has kits for both the short and long term. 72 hour, 1 week, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month supplies are available. They have a range of tasty meals including dairy and gluten free options.
Here is a list of meal options available in their largest kit:
- 12 pouches of Cheesy Lasagna (48 total servings)
- 18 pouches of Creamy Pasta (72 total servings)
- 12 pouches of Pasta Alfredo (48 total servings)
- 12 pouches of Chili Mac (48 total servings)
- 18 pouches of Chicken Noodle Soup (72 total servings)
- 18 pouches of Savory Stroganoff (72 total servings)
- 12 pouches of Hearty Tortilla Soup (48 total servings)
- 12 pouches of Potato Pot Pie (48 total servings)
- 6 pouch of Teriyaki and Rice (24 total servings)
- 12 pouches of Baked Potato Casserole (48 total servings)
- 18 pouches of Tomato Basil Soup (72 total servings)
- 18 pouches of Southwest Beans and Rice (72 total servings)
- 12 pouches of Cheesy Macaroni (48 total servings)
- 15 pouches of Strawberry Granola Crunch (60 Servings)
- 30 pouches of Brown Sugar and Maple Multi-Grain Cereal (120 Servings)
- 15 pouches of Crunchy Granola (60 Servings)
- 30 pouches of Apple Cinnamon Cereal (120 Servings)
Complete product list
WISE has many available kits depending on your needs. Short term and long term kits are available. Here is a complete list of products from their selection of 72 hour – 12 month supplies.
72 hour kits
Wise Company Emergency Survival Freeze Dried Food Favorites Sample – A box of 16 servings made up of 4 of WISE’ customer favorite entrees – Cheesy Lasagna, Creamy Pasta, Savory Stroganoff, and Tomato Basil Soup.
- 72 hour food and drink supply – Another 72 hour kit similar to the first one I listed but includes drinks and breakfast items. Enjoy a nice combination of chicken noodle soup, creamy pasta, southwest beans and rice, brown sugar and maple multi-grain cereal, Apple cinnamon cereal, and why milk to wash it all down.
- 72 hour kit for 2 people – This one includes all the classic dishes listed above in addition to a water filtration water bottle and a pouch of fire starters. This is a 72 hour kit for 2 people.
- 72 hour family kit – All the contents listed above but includes servings for 4 people. Orange delight drink mix included for electrolytes and re hydration. A nice kit for the family.
1 Week Kits
- Wise 52 servings freeze dried kit – four types of entrees and two types of breakfasts totaling a complete weeks worth of food.
- Wise 7 day emergency food and drink supply – 36 servings of entrees, 16 servings of breakfasts, and 14 servings of milk. A complete weeks worth of goodies.
- Wise 7 day food supply with meat – 50 servings of breakfasts, entrees, and drinks for one person. Each dish contains real meat and can be cooked directly in the pouch.
1 Month – 1 year kits
Wise Foods provides pretty much the same foods you see above in the 1 month to 1 year kits. These kits are massive versions of their basic products and contain up to an entire years worth food. Since freeze dried foods can last up to 25 years, you know what you’re getting is good for the long haul.
My personal review of Wise Foods
I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect when my first shipment of Wise Foods came in the mail. I ordered a one week kit to get a full spectrum of the breakfasts, entrees, and drinks they had to offer. They come inside of heavy duty buckets. Each food pouch is sealed inside of a Mylar bag to retain the freshness of the foods and to seal the foods from oxygen and moisture.
Everything feels extremely high quality. The bucket is very durable and the Mylar bags are thick and heavy duty.
I had the pleasure of taste testing most of the entrees available. For being freeze dried, they are surprisingly tasty. Don’t get me wrong, they do not have that fresh home cooked taste by any means, but, the food goes down easy. The proportions are also a decent size – not measly by any means. Each serving should go a long ways for filling you and keeping you satisfied until your next meal.
A Wise investment? (no pun intended)
I’ve got to give Wise a big thumbs up and I recommend their products to anybody looking to prepare for disaster. At the end of the day, it’s a MASSIVE time saver buying foods that have already been freeze dried for you. Your only other option is to purchase your own freeze dryer and do this all yourself. Freeze drying machines are very expensive and will set you back thousands of dollars.
Wise foods offer a convenient way to prepare yourself for whatever life throws your way.